First and foremost... WE CARE about the quality of your photo cards!
We want your digital photo cards, with the images you submit to us, to look their very best when you send them to family and friends! To help us help you, whenever possible please try to submit high-resolution, high-quality, full color, original images.
For designs available for ordering using our Online Preview Tool, your digital photos will be automatically submitted along with your order. There's no need to resubmit unless we contact you otherwise. (Please note: The Online Preview Tool is only visible to users of Internet Explorer versions 7 or 8, Firefox and Safari.)
The following types of images are recommended to produce the best photo cards:
- Original digital photos that are in JPEG format
- Images that are at least 600x900 in resolution
- Images that are clear when inspected up close
- Images without exposure issues (i.e. not too dark/light)
- Images that have NOT been previously altered or cropped
- Images that have been properly scanned (see below)
The following types of images are NOT recommended for use:
- Images shared/stored on web sites (low resolution)
- Images sent back and forth via email
- Images taken with older, lower-quality cell phone cameras
- Glossy photos provide better results when scanned.
- Please wipe clean your photo and scanner before scanning. Unfortunately, we can't touch-up dust or other spotting from your scanner for free.
- Only scan original prints, not photocopies.
- Your prints must be scanned at 300 dpi, with a minimum size of 4x6. If you're scanning 4x6's, simply set your scaling to 100% at 300 dpi.
- Save images as JPEG, at the highest quality possible.
- If you apply any effects to your photos before submitting them to us, please be sure that the original size of the photo is preserved.
Sorry, we're not able to accept prints or negatives via the mail. All photos must be in digital format, either from a digital camera or scanned original prints. Please see the scanning recommendations above.